GEFU guarantees the quality of its products with a guarantee called Q5. GEFU guarantees to its customers that the products are free of material faults, manufacturing defects and design flaws. However, if a fault is found in the product nevertheless, GEFU grants the following manufacturer’s warranty:
1. In the event of a product fault, GEFU will at its own discretion either repair or replace the faulty product. If a repair is not possible for GEFU and the range of products no longer has any identical product that might serve as a replacement, GEFU will at its own discretion either provide another product of equal quality in lieu of the faulty product or refund the purchase price.
2. This guarantee shall apply for a period of five years from the date of purchase, whereby the customer must provide proof of purchase in the form of a copy of the receipt. This guarantee shall apply all over the world.
3. The following are excluded from this guarantee:
- damage due to normal wear and tear
- marks caused by usage
- damage due to incorrect or inappropriate use
- damage due to failure to observe the instructions given for use, maintenance, care etc.
- change of mind or dislike of product
- damage caused by a faulty GEFU product
4. To submit a claim under guarantee, the customer should notify the dealer he bought the goods from. He must submit the product that is the subject of the complaint and also the receipt (copy). If bought from an online dealer, the customer must pay the carriage costs. If it is no longer possible for the customer to contact the dealer he brought the product from, the customer can send the product that is the subject of the complaint and the copy of the receipt to GEFU directly.
5. The customer’s statutory claims, such as and in particular the warranty rights, shall continue to apply and shall not be affected by the guarantee.
GEFU provides its customers with a 20-year warranty for selected exclusive products under the "Q-20" label. For these particular products, GEFU guarantees that they are free of material, manufacturing and design flaws. Should one of these products nevertheless exhibit a fault, GEFU provides the following manufacturer's warranty:
- The "Q-20" warranty applies exclusively to products with the "Q-20" label expressly marked on the packaging. The warranty starts on the date of purchase. The current list of all GEFU items with the Q20 warranty can be accessed via the link provided above.
- In the case of a product defect, GEFU will either repair or exchange the defective product at their own discretion. If a repair is out of the question for GEFU and an identical product is no longer available in the GEFU product range to provide as a replacement, GEFU will, at their own discretion, provide a replacement product of equal value or refund the purchase price.
- This warranty is valid for a period of twenty years from the date of purchase. The customer must prove the date of purchase by producing the sales receipt or by other suitable means (e.g. photo or scan of the receipt, original packaging). This warranty is valid worldwide.
- The following are excluded from the warranty
- Damage due to normal wear and tear, provided this does not result in the product no longer functioning
- Signs of use
- Damage caused by improper or inappropriate use
- Damage caused by a failure to comply with the instructions for use, service notes, care or other instructions
- Dissatisfaction with or erroneous purchase of the product
- Damage caused by a faulty GEFU product
- To make use of the warranty, the customer contacts the retailer from which the goods were purchased. If it is not possible to contact the retailer, the customer can also contact GEFU directly. In this case, the product in question must be presented in conjunction with a copy of the sales receipt or other suitable documents (see Fig. 3 above). If the product was purchased from an online retailer, the customer bears the dispatch costs. If the retailer from which the customer purchased the products can no longer be contacted, the customer can send the product in question, with a copy of the sales receipt or other suitable proof of purchase (see Fig. 3 above), directly to GEFU.
- The customer's statutory rights, in particular warranty rights, remain in force and are unaffected by the warranty.